Dear uniccco:

Greetings. Yes, under the law you can obtain spousal support, as the length of the marriage is only one factor. My only point would be that if he won’t agree to pay, then you would have to take him to court, and the attorney fees may be more than the spousal support you receive, which would not be good under a cost benefit analysis.

Also, yes, you can file an equitable distribution claim for vehicles and other assets purchased during the marriage. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


i have only been married 3 months before seperation can the woman get spousal support and can i sue for on the vechiles that were in the marriage