Seperation

reallyconfused,

An isolated incident of sexual intercourse will not change the separation date. You can read more about how adultery affects alimony by following this link:

rosen.com/alimony/

Hope that helps.

David L. McGuire
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCdivorce.com
(919)787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My wife and I have been seperated for about 3 months. After we had been seperated for about a month she had papers drawn up. I still haven’t went and signed them but right after she had them drawn up I found out that she started calling a guy and seeing him. Is this still adultrey? She thinks since she had signed seperation papers that it isn’t. Also I am going to sign the seperation papers, since she has had them drawn up we have had sex. Do I need to tell the lawyer this so that they can change the date on the papers?