Service by certified mail-who sends the mail?

Dear computer_girl:

Greetings. First, if you are so worried about the process, you should contact the Wake County Clerk of Court to talk to them about whether or not it was filed. Generally, we clock in (get the document stamped by a machine with a date and timer) all court documents in Wake County and the initial line is not filled in.

Now, to answer your question, your spouse would mail out the certified mail to you and it would be returned to him so that he can make the affidavit of service. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

This may be a really stupid question, but who sends out the service by certified mail to the spouse, the clerk of court or the other spouse? I just noticed that the return address is my husbands address, and I am starting to wonder if he ever filed, the complained is stamped by Wake Coounty C.S.C but not signed by anyone (on the stamp “by:” line), there is a case number without dashes, but anyone can have a stamp made…
How can I find out if he even filed?