Service by Publication

I need to know if I need to bring forth a motion, or file paerwork with the clerk of courts to be allowed to do a service by publication for Davidson County?

You do not need to file a motion, but you need to have exhausted all of your other options before you can serve a party by publication because you do have to file an affidavit indicating why you served by publication.