Serving the summons

Originally I had planned on sending the papers to my husband by certified mail because he lives in another state. However he has said if I send them he will not accept them. So I have to have him served, my question is how do I go about serving him the papers out of state? Do I contact the sherriff in his county and arrange it or just ask about the cost? Will the court clerk fax them the papers or am I responsible for that? In other words HElp what do I do???

You need to contact the sheriff’s department in his county of residence to determine their procedure.