Sex and separation

If you are are married and until one year + is over it is a cime but who is going to try to put you in jail? Why I ask is if you go I will have my EX put in jail aswell. I am trying to get my EX and I will find out next week what I can do but I know what is going to happen NOTHING I just want and if I can get it a crime record on her and if I do great but if not oh well. But if I do she will have a record of what she is and the next time she will learn and the man she wants will see that at as well.
Good luck

Adultery is a crime and your spouse cannot give you permission to break that law. Until the day you are divorced you would be committing a criminal act if you engaged in a sexual relationship with someone other than you spouse. The second poster is correct that this crime is rarely prosecuted, but that does not mean that the police cannot or will not enforce this law.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I have heard that it can be worded in the separation agreement that “both individuals can lead their lives as singles or as unmarried”. Does this mean that you can ingage in a sexual relationship during your year and one day separation without fear of legal action taken by your spouse?