Sexual Child Abuse

The child shared that sexual abuse had been taking place for five years by the father. Have DVPO in place, he has been charged with three felonies, was arrested and out on bail. Father is refusing to consent to therpay for child.
DSS recommended and has in plan that child needs therapy.
What options are available with fastes results.

You may need to file a custody and child support lawsuit against the father to address these issues.

Within the custody lawsuit you could file a motion for temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction to get the court to order that Father consent to therapy by alleging that irreparable harm will occur if emergency relief is not granted.

If DSS is involved with a court action pending, your case worker and DSS/CPS attorney may have other suggestions or remedies within DSS court.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.