She may leave the state

I’ve discovered through heresay that my in home wife may leave the state with our children to be close to her family in order to rely on their support while seeking divorce. We have not discussed this with each other yet. is there any legal action I can take to prevent her leaving the state on the basis that she cannot provide means of support on her own?

The only control you have over her choice of location is to ask the court to make the children stay here. The fastest way to do this would be to file an emergency custody action based on her fleeing the jurisdiction. Depending upon the county you live in, you may have to wait to file that motion until after she has already left. It is best to consult with an attorney in your area to discuss your options.