Sick.. what happen to better or for worse

I am truely sorry to hear of your situation. A separation is never an easy thing to go through but it’s more difficult in hard times. I wish you the best.

Dear chellfish:

Greetings. You can file a claim for post separation support and alimony, which I would do, and you should also pursue your rights to Social Security Disability with an attorney that practices that type of law. You may not need to give her any equity in the home, depending on the other assets in the marriage. Blessings and hope to you in your illness.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

what is the difference between Alimony and post separation support? and if she goes and moves out could there be grounds for abandoment? she had stated in our vows for better or worse but now that thing are not so good for me she is leaving. She also told me she was going to have to leave some of her thing at our home because her new place will not hold it, do I have to hold this things till the house is settled? can I change the locks once she has moved?? I guess I have alot of question, just never been down this road before.

Dear chellfish:

Greetings. Alimony is permanent support while post separation support is temporary support in court until Alimony can be paid. Yes, abandonment is when one of the spouses leaves the marital residence. Yes, you must hold onto the belongings until you have a separation agreement. Yes, you can change the locks. I suggest that you speak with an attorney. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

my wife has been hanging out with friend lately… staying gone all weekend etc… now today she has left me a message that she is leaving me after 8 years of marrage, 3 months ago I was diagnosed with a life threating disease, I’m undergoing treatment now and can not work fulltime what is my legal rights?? how can I make a house payment?? and how am I going to give her equity or what little equity is in our home. I need some legal advise.