Signing agreements

I am afraid I do not know what an 8332 is…but I would suggest, with all the problems that you two have had over custody and what you have gone through to get more time, push to get it signed and notarized. Make sure that the starting date is clearly stated. I think the e-mails would be enough but it would be ashame for this to come back to bite you.

Unless you have a written and notarized agreement, nothing that you have agreed to would be binding.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

We have gotten the ex to agree (via e-mail) to having more visitation with my husband’s son. She has also agreed to signing an 8332. We have made the changes and have been operating under the new system for the past 2 weeks. I know, YEAH…the problem is, we’ve now been trying for 2+ weeks to get the document (amendment to custody agreement) notarized and a copy of the 8332. How hard should we push on this? If something comes up will it be enough to have the e-mails showing she agreed to both changing the custody and signing the 8332?