Starting the process


Dear LadyOutlaw:

Greetings. I am slightly confused by your post. Are you asking about filing for divorce without his signature or obtaining a separation agreement without his signature?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Originally my (I wish was already my ex)husband told me to send what ever he needed to file in Florida and he would sign because the wait time was shorter there (6 months). He has sinced changed his mind…I need to at least get a seperation agreement signed but he refuses to sign anything that will make it easier on me…we have no combined accounts/property/children…what is his and in his possession is his…what is mine and in my possession is mine…is there anyway to file without his signature?