South of the border

There is a court order that states the minor children may not be taken out of State of North Carolina without the other parent written consent. Children custody is equally split among the parents.


If either parent ignores this order and takes the children out of state, is this a contempt of court case, a federal crime (by crossing the state lines) or both?

Thank you for your answer.

It is a contempt issue.