Spec.Agreem. and Advice PLEASE!

Ma’am, there are some things in this world you simply cannot work out without the aid of an attorney. Yours is too complex a case to be handled through a message board. Contact your county to see if you can obtain some free legal advice.

Thank you for your reply, as well as all the others you have responded to.> I know you are right and have already begun to investigate several options. However, I know the Rosen Firm is the best Raleigh has to offer and out of my financial reach. BUT, I also know that obtaining legal answers for the questions I have already and yet to post (until I am able to obtain counsel), will give me confident knowledge and much needed security when this final bridge is, hopefully soon, ready to cross! It will also save me time and money especially since I live in GA.!! Thanks again, lostlady

Thank you for your reply, as well as all the others you have responded to.> I know you are right and have already begun to investigate several options. However, I know the Rosen Firm is the best Raleigh has to offer and out of my financial reach. BUT, I also know that obtaining legal answers for the questions I have already and yet to post (until I am able to obtain counsel), will give me confident knowledge and much needed security when this final bridge is, hopefully soon, ready to cross! It will also save me time and money especially since I live in GA.!! Thanks again, lostlady

In a nutshell, who left who?

As stated in previous messages, my spouse continues to pressure me to sign a Legal Sep./Prop. Dist. Agreement. I have finally taken a step to try and resolve this in a friendly but fair manner, especially since I do not have an attorney. I informed said spouse that if there was room and determination, on his behalf, for fair negotiation concerning this matter I would be happy to consult with him. He does have an attorney, I do not and live in GA. I have been informed that I can file in GA but he lives in Wake Co. NC. He keeps shifting monies from our joint ckg. acct. and controls everything, joint or not.I must have some legal right to money and property still in my name also.> I have been to our home in Raleigh three times, spent several days there and the last time was to co-sign papers for him to refinance our house and 5 acre home. Since this April when I returned for Dr’s appts. info on auto, he refused to let me come to the house, but wouldn’t give me a reason why. I stayed in a motel. I still have personal and marital property in the house and when I return to Ral. in Dec. he has already informed me I cannot go to the house. Can he do this. After trying to get a divorce for almost 3 years with nothing but threats and resistance from him, I realized I’d have to wait until he met someone. He finally did in Nov. of 2004. Now he wants to race through this but by offering me (what one free consult. attorney described as “bull s…”! I’ve been advised not to sign ANYTHING without legal counsel. I WILL NOT accept the terms of this agreement. Should I file from the state I live in or wait for him to file? He has already agreed that he doesn’t want to take this to court. However, if he is unwilling, after 39 yrs. of marriage, to agree to a more FAIR settlement and we cannot come to terms, would it be more in my best interest to file for alimony and ED? If so, from where? Do you think I would be a candidate for legalaide? Or possibly petition the court to ask that he pay my court fees, if so how woud I go about it? I’ve read most everything the Rosen Firm has to offer but I still have no answers to this mess! Any help and advice you see fit to offer will be much appreciated. Respectfully, lostlady