Spousal support

My husband and I have been seperated for three months. He left me and moved in with the neighbor. They are taking trips, he’s paying bills and buying new cars. I quit my job because he said the job embarrassed him. Can I get spousal support until I am employed again. We are going to court for a protective order because he and his fiancee came to my home, they are engaged now.

You can get spousal support if you are the dependent spouse and your husband is the supporting spouse.

A dependent spouse is the spouse who is actually substantially dependent on the other spouse for their support and maintenance. A supporting spouse is the spouse that provides a majority of their income to their spouse.

Check out our Alimony Calculator to give you an idea of what alimony could look like in your situation.

Also browse our Alimony Page with lots of detailed information on alimony and spousal support.