Spousal support

whos asking for spousal support you or her?

She is, but I am starting to wonder if I should be the one asking !!!

Dear frustrated:

Greetings. Don’t get silly. You are not in any way entitled to alimony/spousal support. If you want to pay some, then negotiate with her/her attorney about the amount. Otherwise, don’t ask for it, as you will only be giving it to your spouse sooner. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I apologize I was being a smart*** about the spousal support. She is asking for it. I am currently paying child support (1500.00), house payment (1300.00), loans on house, cc, etc.(1200.00). She is asking for an additional 1500.00 for spousal support. I am living in a semi empty house, because she clean, and I do mean cleaned it out when she left. In addition to all bank accounts. She did leave me a bag of trash, took the can !!! I try to buy a little piece of furniture here and there. Did manage to get my girl’s room set back up, but how much more am I going to have to give to this woman? Help!!

Dear Frustrated:

Greetings. Are you paying pursuant to a court order or a separation agreement? Or, are you just paying because that is what your attorney has told you? Thanks.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Is it possible to file for spousal support/alimony if ED has not been decided yet? I make three times the money my wife makes, but the only thing that has been decided in the whole divorce is child support. I am paying for the house, all debt etc. from the marriage.