I suggest you meet with a lawyer and explain all the details. It is difficult to answer your question without specific details.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

We have legal joint custody. My child has told me about a situation where the stepparent performed a medical procedure that they are not licensed to do. The child has no idea that what that person did was wrong. Do I have any way of protecting my child from this practicing medicine without a license? Would the court take the word of a child over an adult? I am really concerned about what else this person might try to do.