Stopping child support


My son will be 18 in May, he currently is not in school, his mother says she is home schooling him. NCHE has no record of this and she has not provided me with any proof of home schooling. For the last year she has been living on a boat, and is now somewhare in the Bahamas last i heard. i have paid child support for many years now and have had no problem with it but now i do not believe he is recieving this money. can i get this child support stopped?


You can file a motion for termination of child support and schedule it for hearing with the court. If your ex cannot prove that your son is still in school and making progress towards his high school diploma the court will terminate support.