I need the physician who ordered an x-ray on my son to verify that he was in fact the one who ordered it and the reason why it was ordered, and that I was not the one who requested it…in essence, the reason I have been charged with contempt of the custody order is based on a mixup about the x-ray. (The actual statement that I made about the x-ray is on the court recording that has mysteriously disappeared).

Can I just send an Affidavit, with all the statements about x-ray, etc. already typed up by me, to the physician to sign and have notarized or will I need to subpoena the physician and put on the subpoena that in lieu of coming to court he may sign the Affidavit that is attached?

You may have the doctor complete an affidavit and present the same at the hearing.