Supervised Visitation

If you have had a hearing regarding these issues you can ask the judge to clarify these issues. If you have not yet had a hearing regarding these issues, you can address these issues and seek specifics when you have your hearing regarding the ex parte order.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Until I can vindicate myself of false abuse charges and have my visitation privileges restored in full, my former wife has been granted a temporary emergency custody order that says that I am only permitted supervised visitation with my children. The ex parte order does not specify, however, how this supervised visitation is to take place.

Who must supervise me and my children? Can it be any adult of my choosing? Of my former wife’s choosing? Must it be a court appointed social worker of some kind?

Who do I work through to set up a supervised visit? Can I arrange it through my ex wife or must it be done through court?

Where must these visits take place?

How long can I visit my children under supervision?

This court order does not address any of these issues and I don’t know where to look for answers.