Supervision Changes

I have a Few questions. Thank you in advance.

Previous court ordered supervisor is no longer a supervisor, due to the harassment my stbx does to the supervisors, and is willing to help me see my child this week since I have not seen my child. My stbx is making it incredibly difficult. Can I ask my stbx to accommodate these visitation/supervisor arrangements and have the paper trail? Or do I need to contact my legal council to make these changes in visitation arrangements? My stbx feels he has full control over the court orders. My stbx changed my visitation hours as well on the days I am suppose to see my child. Hasn’t he broke court orders?

It would be best for your lawyer to attempt to arrange this unless he or she says otherwise. You and the father must follow the current court order assuming it has not yet expired. Neither of you can change the visitation days and times unless the court order allows for that. It won’t look good on the father in court if you have missed visitation time because he has unilaterally changed the times and/or did not make the child available on the day and time stated in the court order.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.