Support Changes


there are different types of custody scenarios that affect support payments, as does your two incomes, who pays health insurance, what is paid for child care, other children from current or previous marriages…


My husband’s final agreement papers stated a specific amount per child so that in the even that one came to live with us the amount could be changed that way. The child support calculator would give you an accurate estimate of what should be paid according to # of overnights each child spends with each parent, incomes of both parents, insurance and/or day care that is paid…


Child support can be modified to take into account the new custodial situation. Child support would take into account each of your respective custodial obligations.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


My husband previously paid child support for two children. One child now lives with us and the mother does not pay anything for him. The other child lives with the mother and my husband still pays for that child. Shouldn’t the mother have to pay for the one child that lives with us? How would a judge look at this?