Taking child out of State

Q: My wife wants full custody. I expect she will leave the State with new BF at some point. If I were able to get joint or shared custody ( another words not sign him away to her) can that block her from relocating anyway? I don’t care if she travels with him out of State, etc but it appears I’ll be paying her big support to care for him & then not get regular visits as he would be gone.

If you are awarded joint custody then she would most likely be unable to relocate out of state without your consent. A parent cannot make scheduled visitation impractical by moving great distances. If she leaves the state prior to a custody agreement, then I would file for emergency custody and the courts will order her to return the children to this state.