Tax rebates


I am sorry but I cannot give you any tax advise. I do not know what the rules regarding the rebate are, you may want to consult with your accountant. If your Agreement says that he receives all tax benefits for the children that may very well include the rebate.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


I have custody of my 3 children from 1st marraige, last year I agreed to let the father claim taxes on them. I spoke with a friend who was previously an account and she believes (not sure) that the rebates go to last years taxes. Is there a way of disputing this? The children live with me and I pay their way of life with only $300. a month Child support How could the money be going to him???