Temporary Child Support Order

Ok my question is my ex and I have a temporary order in place due to the fact I lost my job 2 years ago and had an order set in place at that time… I now have a new job with Income and carry health insurance and have daycare expenses that were not entered into the order 2 years ago. Is this enough to do a modification?

If the order is temporary, you should not need to argue that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. You should be able to calendar the matter for a permanent child support hearing and present evidence of your current expenses, etc. to obtain a new child support obligation. If you do have to argue a change in circumstances, it sounds like you should be able to meet that burden. You should enter your information in our child support calculator to determine if your obligation is going to change substantially enough to make the hassle of court worthwhile.

If the order is temporary, you should not need to argue that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. You should be able to calendar the matter for a permanent child support hearing and present evidence of your current expenses, etc. to obtain a new child support obligation. If you do have to argue a change in circumstances, it sounds like you should be able to meet that burden. You should enter your information in our child support calculator to determine if your obligation is going to change substantially enough to make the hassle of court worthwhile.