Terminating parental rights

Do the attorneys still respond to these questions?

Beats me–I’ve had one on here since Feb 20 and no response.



Dear NascarMom:

Greetings. You cannot “consent” to terminate your parental rights, but instead you would have to file a petition for the same. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex would like to formally terminate his parental rights to custody of our child. Right now, it’s shared, but not court ordered. Our child lives with me year round and hasn’t had contact with the other parent in quite a while. What do we need to do to make his desire formal?