Too sick to pay child support

Evaluating the value of a dependency exemption depends on your income and is not something we can answer from the information provided. I would suggest using a tax calculator program or consulting a tax preparer.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My x has Hep. C and can’t pay CS. He is $3,600. behind. He wants me to waive the entire year just so I can still claim both our chidren next year on taxes(he was to start claiming one)! I said I would give him the child credit ($1,000) towards what he owes. What do you suggest we do to be amicible about this.
Thank you for your advice.