Unpaid alimony


How can I file a claim to collect unpaid court-ordered alimony? I have no money for an attorney.


If there is a court order which orders someone to act and they have not done so, and the refusal to abide by the order is willful that person will be held in contempt. You will need to file a motion to show cause (also called a motion for contempt). In the motion you will explain that your spouse is ordered to pay you alimony (attach the order) and that he has not done so. You are entitled to seek reimbursement for any attorney’s fees you incur in proceeding with the motion.