Filing a motion for contempt - alimony arrearages

I plan to file a motion for contempt on my own, without representation. what exactly do I need to do?


You must file a motion alleging contempt: ie what specifically was not complied with in the Order for alimony. The clerk will then issue an Order to appear and show cause, in which your ex will have to appear and explain why he/she is in violation of the Order. The judge will then make a ruling on whether or not your ex is in contempt and how payments shall be made up, and what if any sanctions will be imposed.