What can I do if the ex isnt paying?

Ex rarely pays, constantly going to court to get reductions, never shows up and I have to take off work to appear which just puts me further behind.

I have spoke to the child enforcement folks and that has gotten me no where…

I heard I have to file a paper with the courts for a contempt order? Is this right?

If you have an order on child support, and your ex is failing to abide by the terms of the order, you may file a motion for contempt. You can file this motion yourself or you can always hire an attorney to pursue the contempt motion.