Update on visitation

Radio Shack carries a recorder for cell phones

Wal Mart also sells a micro recorder you can place on your person. Put it in your pocket, cut a small hole in the pocket to route the microphone cord inside your shirt!

Dear amoore:

Greetings. Yes, your ex’s boyfriend’s behavior is enough to allow a judge to order that he cannot be around your child. She will likely deny saying it, but that does not mean that it did not happen. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Recently I have learned that my ex wife’s boyfriend, with whom she lives, has been physically abusive to her, and drinks quite a lot. This is information that came from her and her family. Rather than going back to court to come to a new agreement, my wife suggested that we allow my ex to come and pick up my daughter, take her out for a few hours on the weekend then return her home by that night. My attorney reviewed this agreement and said that we should put the physical abuse in the papers as a reason for not permitting unsupervised visitation for the whole weekend. My ex will not sign the papers as long as they say that. She claims that her physical abuse has nothing to do with her picking up our daughter as long as her boyfriend is not around her.She says that she is not going to sign anything that will hurt her chances of getting weekends. I cannot find any police reports, and have been unable to record her because most of our conversations occur on cell phones. Will her boyfriends physical abuse and alcohol problem be enough to prevent my daughter from being around him? If we go to court, I know she will deny ever saying it. I have my wife as a witness, and possibly the ex mother in law.