Volutary termination of parental rights?

If a dad wants to voluntarily give up his parental rghts what would he have to do? He has no desire to see the kid and dreads the kid’s visits and he wants to know what woukd he need to do to prove seeing the kid is in nobody’s best interest. Thanks.

A party cannot voluntary terminate his or her parental rights. If that were the case, we would have a lot of parents trying to use termination as a means to avoid their child support obligations. That said, if there is a party that wants to adopt the child (either a full adoption or a step-parent adoption), a party can relinquish his or her parental rights or sign a “consent to step-parent adoption” which has the same effect as a termination.