Waiting Period Waiver?

I will be filing divorce from my husband in July… and was recently told that I could have him sign some kind of waiver, so I wouldn’t have to wait another 30 days (this is after the one year one day wait)… is this true? And what is the name of the form?

Thanks… Karen

I am not a lawyer

Best of my knowledge, there is NO way to get around the 1 year and 1 day rule…even if you get married today, and want to get divorced tomorrow, you have to wait the year and the day before you can file.

It is an acceptance of service, and waiver of time to further respond to the Complaint.

Thank you!

You are welcome.