Were we Married?

You said that your wife left on that day did you mean that you got divorced on that day?

If you mean divorced then yes the law will stay your married, if you didnt mean divorce and that she just LEFT that day then you can be in some trouble[:0]

No the Divorce was the Day before I got Married again.Divorce was on July 6, 2000 and i got married to my wife now on july 7, 2000.

You’re really married.

I made a key stroke error. I ment in 1999. not 1990

I was left by my wife at the time on Oct 21,1999.I met another woman in January of the following year. (2 months and 2 weeks after my 1st wife Left. I and the woman started Dating and in June found out we needed to get married sooner than we thought. My STBX at the time wanted to help. So we both Lied and backed our separation date . We were divorced on July 6, 2000. And my wife and I got married the next day. Am I married? Sorry for the missed key stroke on the last post.

If you didn’t wait the one year of separation then you are not divorced legally from your first wife, and your new wife is not legally your wife. You’re going to need an attorney to help you out on this one.

Dear Justme44:

Greetings. Did you get divorced after the Oct. 21 date? It was over ten years according to your 3/8 post, to your other marriage, so I don’t see what the problem is. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I was married and my wife at the time left me Oct.21,1990. I met another woman in January of 2000. We had to rush getting Married and did so on July 7, 2000. This was only after 8 months. Were we really Married?