What can I do?

Dear Justice:

Greetings. It is time he trade in his motorcycle for a nice, big, used car. A car which even if he gets in an accident with it, he will not be hurt.

You should tell him that it is time for a written agreement which both of you can live up to and do. Maybe you should also file for child support with the Child Support Enforcement Agency, that way you are ensured that you will receive your funds if he works at all, as child support is garnished from wages. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I left my husband of 2 years in Oct. 03. We have two children a 2 year old and a 4 year old. We both agreed on joint custody but we have not gone to court. Just verble agreement. Agreement was 2 weeks with me and 2 weeks with him. He has been in 2 motocycle wrecks and has not been able to take the children when he is suppose to.
And on top of that he can not even support himself. I would be happy with joint custody if he would take the children when he was suppose to. But I can’t take the screaming when I have to tell my kids daddys not coming. Also when he does take them, I keep them during the day when he works and he is suppose to pay me 100.00 dollars a week for “daycare”. He can’t pay me at the end of the week