Once I leave


Come to a separation agreement through mediation if you can. As for driving the kids all over for him, that’s bullsh*t. His legal problems are his problems, not yours. He can be a man and get on a Greyhound bus. That’s not your problem.


Contact an attorney to begin negotiating and drafting an agreement. You will not be required to deliver the children to your husband in most situations. Fatlilbeagle advises mediation - my advice - avoid the expense of a mediator if you can resolve things without that added expense (or have unless you have access to a free or low-cost mediation service).

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


when I move in January, what should be my next step if I know that I do not want a reconciliation? One other question: My husband presently has a revoked driver’s license and when it comes time for visitation, I will have to drive up here to bring the kids to him. What if I can not make it up here for the visitations due to lack of money, especially if he wont let me have the car. Not sure what good the car would do him rightnow anyway. I do not want anyone to think that the car is all I care about. I just need a way to get to work, school and get the kids around as well.