Transportation

Unless there is something specified in your papers, then neither parent is entirely responsible for transportations on visits.
Maybe you could offer to meet him 1/2 way for pick up and drop off?? Maybe your ex doesn’t think that it’s fair for him to have to do all the driving…
If you truly want to be fair then you should consider splitting the cost, the driving and the time.
As far as the arguing goes…pick your battles. If you don’t want to argue over everything, then DON’T argue. Unless your ex is asking something completely unreasonable, then work with him on some of this stuff…it will make your life easier. Trust me.

If you went to court to address these issues generally the court will order the parties to share transportation. It sounds like the two of you have many small issues popping up and it may be helpful for you to go to mediation and try to work out on some of these issues that are causing conflict.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My ex has just told me that he will not bring our son home after his visitation with him and that I will have to drive to pick him up? Is that fair? He just moved 45 minute round trip from our home and now he says I have to make the drive to pick him up. I thought it was his responsibility to pick him up and drop him back off? We are arguing over every detail these days? I know we should stop, but with the price of gas and the time commitment I am just wondering how this works?