What happens if dad is a no-show on his custody days?

Hi there,

What happens if the children’s father just does not pick them up on his court ordered custody days? Would he be held in contempt of court? And if so, what would happen from there? Thanks in advance for your help!

The court can’t force a parent to take visitation/custody on the days prescribed in the order. I would move to modify the custody order, citing as a reason the other parent’s failure to exercise visitation (and in turn, violate the order). This may also impact your child support award as well, so you may want to file a motion for modification of child support simultaneously.