What If He Doesn't Follow Court Ordered Agreement?

Please, can someone help me with this question? THANKS

No, you cannot get rid of his stuff. You can file a Motion in the Cause, and have the court order him, once again, to get his stuff out. If he doesn’t he’ll be in contempt, and the court will probably provide some alternate options for you at that time. But, if you get rid of his stuff, you could end up paying him for the loss of property. Let the court handle it!

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax
email: sstanback@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My estranged husband and I went through mediation with our attorneys and finally came to an agreement. The agreement was then signed by us, our attorneys and a judge. Part of the agreement was that he would remove all of his “stored” belongings within 10 days. (He moved out in November). 10 days have passed and he has made no attempt to retrieve his items. What can I do now…Call Salvation Army?..Have a yard sale?