What to do?


i know what you’re going thru!! Although I don’t really have any answers, I’d be happy to listen if you want to talk, and offer any advice I have. Do you have any children together? And does he actually have proof that you had an affair?

Feel free to email me if you need someone to talk to.


I have two children of by own from previous marriage. He has practically raised them though. Their father is still involved with them. I don’t know if he has any real evidence or not. Also, what constitutes as a threat? Can his controlling behavior in the marriage work to my advantage, by the way, he is a cop!


If your spouse has evidence that is sufficient for a jury to believe that someone alienated your affections and therefore was a contributing cause to the dissolution of your marriage, then he can sue that third party, however, this is not a lawsuit between you and your spouse.

Lisa M. Angel
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919) 781-1741 direct voice
(919) 256-1660 direct fax
(919) 787-6668 main voice
(919) 787-6361 main fax
email: angel@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am married, unhappily for two+ years.There has been very limited relations and almost no affection on my part in this marriage. Even though I have wanted to separate/divorce, he is holding me hostage in a loveless marriage because of an affair. If I leave, he is threating me with Alienation of Affections and adultery. He is also making threats towards the other party. He states he has evidence including my admittance to the act. What evidence does he need to hold up in court? What is worse case scenario?