Whats my next step?


I was just served with divorce papers and I do no agree with what is in them. I cannot afford a lawyer of my own and am not sure how to respond back. I know I have limited time to do so but how and to who do I respond?


The first thing you need to do is to file a responsive pleading called an Answer, in which you will respond to the allegations in the Complaint, in order in corresponding numbered paragraphs. You may admit or deny each allegation, and allege the facts according to your knowledge and belief… This document will need to be filed within 30 days of your being served with the lawsuit and serve the opposing party.