Where do i start?

my husband and i have been married for 7 years and have 2 children. i have been talking about leaving for several months now and things have gotten so much worse. for the past few months, he has been harassing me and following my every move. he is so mad that i want a divorce, that he is not even willing to talk to me. he wants me to draw up separation papers and says he will let me know what he agrees to and not. he’s never going to agree on anything. it’s going to take months with attorneys. my question is…what do i need to do to now, and how quickly can i get away from him? how detailed of separation papers do i need to have in order to leave? also, he is very protective of our girls. i know he will not let me take them when i go. he has threatened me with abandonment several times, so i feel like i’m stuck. i’ve got to get away from this situation quickly, but i don’t know where to start.

*edited: i also should mention that i have been the stay at home mom for the past 4 years, so he has all of the income and makes all the financial decisions. am i able to use ‘our’ money to find other living arrangements right away?

If you wish to leave the home, you may do so with the children, so long as you let him know where you will be, and allow him access to the children. Abandonment is a claim that can be included in a Complaint, but the implications of the same have little impact these days. You may use martial money to establish a separate residence, but those funds will be accounted for in ED.

I would suggest that you consult with a family law attorney in your area to create a plan of action in the near future.