Who makes the final disicission



Greetings. If you have custody, then you get to make the change. If you are in litigation though, you may want to get the court’s approval first. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have temporary primary custody of my son and i want to change his school, the school he goes to now is 40 mile away from his home and he has had trouble all year and the teacher says hes always tired when he gets to school and thats because he get uo 545am so I can have at school around 7-7:15 because I work at 7:30.Now my ex and I went to mediation and she wants him to stay at that school and I don’t so who makes the final disicion if we can’t agree.