Change in Custody

Have you asked her to? I’d imagine she’d say no. If you force it, she change her mind.

Personally, if it was me, I’d just get it done. You can probably do it without a lawyer.

I have already replied to this question in your previous post.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My son who is now 13 expressed me to me that he wants to live with me through his High School years. I told his mother that I wanted to perm. change the custody papers where I would have permanent custody of him. His mother said that it is ok with her.

I was wondering since she is in agreement with this can I file a motion for her to pay half of all legal fee’s?