Wife left with Kids...where to start

I’m sorry to hear that you are going through this. I am not entirely certain if NC has jurisdiction over your custody case because you have only been here for three months. Your first step should be to consult with an attorney to determine if you should pursue custody in PA or NC.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I am really not sure what I am suppose to do. My wife and I have been married coming up on 4 years and have 2 kids (2 1/2 and 7 months). Every now and then we have arguments but most of them deal with a bad relationship between her mom and I. Anyway we had an argument last week she said her family wanted her to leave me. We talked all weekend and seemed to have come to a good spot. But yesterday I came home and she had take all her clothes and some belongings as well as some of our daughters things. I hope we can work through things but I haven’t been able to get her to talk to me. Should I get in touch with a lwayer and document this happenening? We have only lived in NC for a little over 3 months and took the kids (I assume) to her parents in PA. Is she allowed to do that? Please advise.