Work interference


Dear jaysdad:

Greetings. You may be able to sue her civilly for tortious interference with employment. Also, if you are paying alimony by court order, you may want to move to modify the same. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I’d like some input on how to protect my rights. My ex-wife recently sent documents to my employer that were private and embarassing though no illegality was involved. These papers made the rounds in the organization, eventually landing on the desk of the big boss. I was not fired, as the ex had hoped, though my future in the organization will clearly be impacted by this. The divorce decree did not contain a non-interference clause as the separation agreement had. What can I do?