Dear Jane:

Greetings. First, I do not know of a domestic attorney that does not charge for consultation. Second, adultery is a crime in North Carolina, so I would advise against you moving in. Also, if your ex is a supporting spouse, you moving in could affect the alimony he pays. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband of 39 years and I divorced in 2002 because of his affair. He married the person in NC in Dec. 2002. He has realized he made a big mistake all around and just recently we have been talking. I am not to familar with NC law. If he were to file the necesarry legal paper work for the one year separation could we move in together without any legal problems. How would he go about finding an attorney that would not charge for consulation. He is on SS and does not work at this time.? Thanking you in advance for your response. Jane