A of A

Sorry carrying on with …

The answer depends on many factors. It would depend first on whether your Husband’s relationship with this woman was responsible for the demise of your marriage. Your husband’s involvement with her must be the reason that there is no other affection in your marriage.

You may be able to sue her in this state, but she must have certain minimum contacts with this state. You would need to review the specifics with an attorney to find out if North Carolina had jurisdiction over this issue.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Voice: 704.307.4600
Main Fax: 704.943.0044

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

If my spouse is caring on with another women, but in a different state, could I still seek an A of A suit?