There is no way to track the divorce online, you can find a copy by contacting the county where you believe the divorce was issues. Generally if you go to the office of the clerk of court, you can search for your file, if a divorce was granted, they will have a copy of it.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

7 years ago my ex-husband left me and my children and moved to another state. I contacted a do it yourself divorce service and paid $249 to obtain a simple divorce. I had already filed for child support and received an order that I think includes custody. He rarely paid child support and then was arrested recently. He asked for a copy of the divorce paper. I was unable to find it and can’t find the listing for the agency in the county that did it for me. I can’t seem to locate a record of my divorce. I have since remarried. I am not sure that they actually did grant me a divorce. I took the paper with me when I remarried and they must have thought it is official. My question is, If I can’t find proof or my divorce, am I legally still married to him and if so is my current marriage invalid? How do I remedy this situation so I am not guilty of a legal offense. Is there an online way to track a divorce in North Carolina?