Addressing attorney concerns

I am having problems with and attorney I contracted with and paid for services. Is there a way that I can address this with the judge?

I’m not an attorney…

but my advice is if you have ANY concerns about your attorney, the only thing you can do is to contact the state board and report him. I had the same problem (and more) with my attorney, and I intend to turn him in to the board. May not get any money refunded, but at least (possibly) he will get reprimanded or have his license revoked. In my opinion, the attorney’s and judges all stick “together” so going to the judge will not get you anywhere. More people need to start reporting unethical attoneys and some of this mess would stop. I was told that something as small as not receiving a receipt of services rendered (or not getting documents from the office that you’ve repeatedly asked for) can be logical complaints to the board.

Speaking from an experience a few years back when my wife (now thankfully the EX-wife) was called into court and the overly aggressive interrogating that she went through by the attorney, I did a bit of research. The NC Bar Association published a Lawyers Handbook (at the time I believe it was $10, but is available online now for free) that lists chapter and verse of what they are and are not allowed to do, in exhaustive detail. Using this, I sent a letter to the NC Bar Association Grevience committee, quoting which specific violations were involved, which was then investigated. If was only due to the fact that no transcript of the trial was kept that it wasn’t able to be proven. (I assumed all trials have transcripts, but I was wrong).

In any case, it was still an interesting experience, and I hope it caused a lack of sleep for the lawyer in question, for a few days. I’d also recommend reading this handbook for anyone having problems with your lawyer, as it goes into pretty extensive details as to the appropriate conduct and what the repercussions are.

The judge cannot address such concerns, you will need to contact the State Bar.