Adultery

Dear cap37:

Greetings. First, I had to look up “Trichomoniasis” as I had not heard of that before. Here is what I found to be the definition on engenderhealth.org:

“Trichomonas vaginalis is a microscopic organism that causes the disease trichomoniasis”

Apperently, it is only transmitted through sexual contact. Also, it appears from the information on that website that someone can have this and not know it, as not everyone has symptoms.

So, my answer is that along with other evidence, this will help you prove that she was unfaithful to you, but she could have had this disease before she met you even, and only been diagnosed during the marriage. Best of luck…and be safe!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am seperated but without a separation agreement. I am about to be sued for alimony. It is my understanding that in North Carolina;if one spouse participated in acts of illicit sexual behaviors during and prior to the seperation. The court shall not award alimony as defined in G.S. 50-16.1A.
My spouse contracted “Trichomoniasis” during our marriage.She was tested and confirmed.Our family doctor had me to come in for testing.My result was negative however we both were treated.
My question is can I use this as evidence of illicit sexual behavior.